The HERA Network is pleased to announce a new Joint Research Programme (JRP): Public Spaces: Culture and Integration in Europe in the area of humanities. The HERA JRP PS wants to mobilize the wide range of multi-disciplinary perspectives necessary to understanding the relationships between “public space”, culture and other phenomena, such as e.g. European integration, migration, globalisation, digitisation.
Proposals involving humanities-led research can be submitted by balanced consortia involving four or more Principal Investigators eligible to HERA JRP PS funders from four or more different countries. All research teams will be urged to include non-academic stakeholders as associate partners in their consortiums, such as: museums, NGOs, media. Each proposal can apply for research funding up to a maximum amount of 1 M€ (across all partners), should be between 24 and 36 months in duration and should commence by May 2019.
Countries participating in the call:
Austria, Belgium (Wallonia), Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
Applicants are invited to use the HERA Public Spaces Partner search tool which facilitates matches between potential partners with similar ideas. It provides the opportunity to express interest either in joining a research proposal or to search for partner(s) for an existing proposal.
The draft timetable for applications is:
- Outline Proposals to be submitted 24th October 2017, 14:00 Central European Summer Time
- In February 2018 shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit Full Proposals until 9 May 2018
- Call results: end of 2018
- Project start: January-May 2019
Information for Polish applicants:
- On the full proposal stage Polish applicants must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). The application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO, s. 5-12).
- Projects including Polish teams may last 24 or 36 months.
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration, referred to in paragraph 2.1.2 of the above mentioned document, applies to the consortium as a whole (please see UNISONO, p. 8-9). Please note that Polish consortia have higher limits on the remuneration.
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN: 1 EUR= 4,4232 PLN.
dr hab. Wojciech Sowa, tel: +48 12 341 9171
Anna Kotarba, tel. 12 341 9091