NCN together with EU-India Platform for Social Sciences and Humanities (EqUIP) is pleased to announce a call for international research projects “Sustainability, equity, wellbeing and cultural connections”. Funders strongly encourage interdisciplinary approaches across the social sciences and humanities (SSH) to address the themes of this call.
Each project must involve at least one research team from India, eligible for funding by the participating Indian funding agencies, one of which has to be Indian Council for Social Science Research, and at least two research teams from different countries participating in the call. Project duration may not exceed 36 months.
The overall project coordinator must submit one proposals on behalf of all the research teams in all countries via Je-S submission system by November 30th, 2017, 16:00 (UTC + 1:00).
Applicants are invited to use the EqUIP partner search tool, which facilitates matches between potential partners with similar ideas. It provides the opportunity to express interest either in joining a research proposal or to search for partner(s) for an existing proposal.
Countries participating in the call:
Finland, France, India, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Switzerland and United Kingdom
- Application deadline (full proposals): November 30th, 2017, 16:00 (UTC + 1:00)
- Call results: July 2018
- Project start: January 2019
Information for Polish applicants:
- On the full proposal stage Polish applicants must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). The application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx. Information provided in the submission system (budget, justification of basic research criterion) refers to the Polish part of the project.
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO, s. 5-12).
- Projects including Polish teams may last 24 or 36 months.
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration, referred to in paragraph 2.1.2 of the above mentioned document, applies to the consortium as a whole (please see UNISONO, p. 8-9). Please note that Polish consortia have higher limits on the remuneration.
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN: 1 EUR= 4,3162 PLN.
dr hab. Wojciech Sowa, tel. 12 341 9171, email@example.com
dr Malwina Gębalska, tel: 0048 519 404 997, firstname.lastname@example.org