NCN together with the ForestValue Research Programme is launching a transnational call for proposals for research, development and innovation in the forest-based sector. The co-funded joint transnational call addresses the whole forest-based value chain in two areas:
- Innovative sustainable management of multifunctional forests;
- Innovative industrial production and processing technologies, products, concepts and services.
Applicants are encouraged to make best use of interdisciplinary systems approaches, and to take a look at improving the impact and integration of social research and economics in this sector.
Polish part of the research project submitted within the call must involve basic research (TLR 1-4).
Applications may be put forward by international consortia composed of a minimum of three partners from at least 3 countries participating the call. The overall project coordinator must submit one proposal in English on behalf of all the research teams in all countries.
Countries participating in the call:
Argentina, Austria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Jordan, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Timeline of the call:
- Deadline for submitting pre-proposals: January 23rd, 2018, 13:00 CET
- Invitation to submit a full proposal: May 2018
- Deadline for submitting full proposals: August 14th, 2018, 13:00 CEST
- Call results: October 2018
- Start of funded projects: end of 2018/early 2019
On the 15th of November 2017 a networking webinar will be organised to give researchers the chance to interlink with each other and enlarge consortia. To sign up for this, applicants need to express their interest by sending three PPT slides including project idea, existing partners/experience and missing profiles by email to Carina Lemke (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Call Office until the 9th of November 2017. A link to the webinar will be sent to registered participants on the 13th of November 2017.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CALL: https://forestvalue.org/joint-calls/joint-call-2017-jc-2017/
Information for Polish applicants:
- On the pre-proposal stage Polish applicants must not send any additional documents to the NCN. On the full proposal stage they must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). The application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO, s. 5-12).
- Projects including Polish teams may last 24 or 36 months.
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration, referred to in paragraph 2.1.2 of the above mentioned document, applies to the consortium as a whole (please see UNISONO, p. 8-9). Please note that Polish consortia have higher limits on the remuneration.
- On the full proposal stage budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN: 1 EUR= 4,4232 PLN.
Magdalena Łopuszańska Rusek, email@example.com, tel: +48 12 341 9164
Marlena Wosiak, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. + 48 12 341 9093