The National Science Centre in cooperation with the BiodivERsA network welcomes submissions under a call for international research projects on biodiversity. The call covers two separate actions (Action A and Action B), which are jointly titled: Biodiversity and its influence on animal, human and plant health.
The deadline for submitting pre-proposals is 16 November 2018, 4:00 p.m. CET.
Eligible for funding under Action A are research groups comprised of at least 3 research teams from at least 3 different countries involved in the call.
Eligible for funding under Action B are research groups comprised of at least 5 research teams from at least 5 different countries involved in the call.
Applicants are welcome to use the Partner Search Tool, a tool that will enable them to find partners for their research projects.
Countries involved in the call:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria,* Estonia,* France, Ireland, Lithuania, Germany, Poland, Romania,* Slovakia and Switzerland.
* Decisions on a country’s involvement in the call may be followed at: Countries involved
- Call announcement
- Pre-registration form – action A
- Proposal application form – action A
- Pre-registration form – action B
- Proposal application form – action B
- NCN eligibility requirements
Detailed call information: BiodivERsA 2018
Additional information for researchers applying for funding from the NCN:
The call is carried out in two stages: in the first stage, the coordinator of an international project submits a pre-proposal on behalf of the entire consortium; in the second stage, the coordinator submits a full proposal. The deadline for submitting pre-proposals is 16 November 2018, 4:00 p.m. (CET). The deadline for submitting proposals will be scheduled for the period between early February and mid-March 2019, depending on the overall number of proposals received.
At the full proposal stage, Polish applicants are required to register projects in the OSF system (type: UNISONO).
- Please read the information on the eligible costs in the call for Polish applicants, included in annex to the NCN Council Resolution regarding international calls (Terms and regulations on awarding funding for research tasks under the BiodivERsA Call 2018).
- Should an international project include two entities from Poland, they should establish a consortium. Each entity in the consortium has a separate budget, however, the upper limit on the funding for remuneration applies to the consortium as a whole. Pursuant to the Terms and regulations on awarding funding for research tasks under the BiodivERsA Call 2018, Polish consortia have been granted a higher upper limit on the funding for additional remuneration.
- The exchange rate of 7 June 2018 (EUR 1 = PLN 4.2634) applies to the call.
- A project by a Polish research team may be carried out over 36 months.
Dr Anna Wiktor, tel. 12 341 9166
Joanna Komperda, tel. 12 341 9138