Together with the JPND network (EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research), we are pleased to announce a new call for international research projects to detect early symptoms of neurodegenerative diseases (Linking pre-diagnosis disturbances of physiological systems to Neurodegenerative Diseases).
Funding can be applied for by international consortia consisting of at least three (and no more than seven) research teams from at least three countries participating in the call. The principal investigator of the Polish research ream must be at least a PhD holder.
Countries participating in the call: Australia, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Israel, Canada, Luxembourg, Latvia, Germany, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, Hungary, Italy.
The application procedure:
- International level: a joint pre-proposal drafted by the Polish research teams in cooperation with the foreign partners (in English) and submitted to the electronic submission system of the JPND network.
- International level: a joint full proposal drafted by the Polish research teams in cooperation with the foreign partners (in English) and submitted to the electronic submission system of the JPND network.
- National level: an NCN proposal concerning the Polish part of the project drafted by the Polish research team and submitted to the NCN electronically via the ZSUN/OSF electronic submission system within 7 days of the joint full proposal submission date (international level).
- Submission deadline for joint pre-proposals: 2 March 2021, 3 p.m. CET
- Call for joint full proposals: May 2021
- Submission deadline for joint full proposals: 29 June 2021, 3 p.m. CET
- Submission deadline for NCN proposals in ZSUN/OSF: 6 July 2021
- Call results: October 2021
Under the JPND 2021 call, funds can be applied for to cover salaries for members of the research team, salaries and scholarships for students and PhD students, purchase or manufacturing of research equipment and other costs crucial to the research project.
The total funding allocated by the NCN for research tasks to be performed by the Polish research teams under the call is 500 000 EUR.