The National Science Centre, in cooperation with 25 research funding organisations in Europe, announces the CHANSE Call – Transformations: Social and Cultural Dynamics in the Digital Age. The topics covered by the call are described in detail in the call announcement.
Funding proposals may be submitted by international consortia composed of at least 4 research teams from at least 4 countries participating in the call. The principal investigator of the Polish research team must hold at least a PhD degree.
Countries participating in the call: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Spain, Iceland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Germany, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary and United Kingdom.
The application procedure:
- First stage:
- International level: a full outline proposal is drafted by the Polish research teams in cooperation with the foreign partners (in English) and submitted by the project leader on behalf of the international consortium to the electronic submission system EPSS (https://proposals.etag.ee/chanse/.).
PLEASE NOTE: At this stage, Polish applicants submit no documents to the NCN.
- Second stage:
- International level: a joint full proposal is drafted by the Polish research teams in cooperation with the foreign partners (in English) and submitted by the project leader on behalf of the international consortium to the electronic submission system EPSS (https://proposals.etag.ee/chanse/.).
- National level: an NCN proposal concerning the Polish part of the project is drafted by the Polish research team and submitted to the NCN electronically via the ZSUN/OSF electronic submission system within 7 days of the joint full proposal submission date (international level). Please read the NCN proposal submission procedure.
- Submission deadline for joint outline proposals: 7 May 2021, 2 p.m. CET
- Call for joint full proposals: September 2021
- Submission deadline for joint full proposals: 7 December 2021, 2 p.m. CET
- Submission deadline for NCN proposals in ZSUN/OSF: 14 December 2021
- Call results: May/June 2022
Under the CHANSE call, funds can be awarded to cover salaries for members of the research team, salaries and scholarships for students and PhD students, purchase or construction of research equipment and other costs crucial to the research project. The total funding allocated by the NCN for research tasks to be performed by the Polish research teams under the call is 1 000 000 EUR. More information on the eligible costs of the Polish research teams can be found in the NCN Council Resolution.
The EUR budget of the Polish part of the project in the joint proposal must be calculated according to the following exchange rate: 1 EUR = 4.2344 PLN.