MAESTRO is a funding opportunity designed for advanced researchers wishing to conduct pioneering research, including interdisciplinary research which is important for the development of science. Projects within this funding scheme should surpass the current state of knowledge, lead to the creation of a new paradigm, or forge pathways to new frontiers in that field.
MAESTRO 13 call - announced 15th June 2021
MAESTRO 12 call – announced on 17 June 2020/p>
MAESTRO 11 call – announced on 17 June 2019
MAESTRO 10 call – closed on September 17th, 2018
Principal Investigator an advanced researcher. An advanced researcher is a person holding at least PhD degree who in the period of 10 years prior to the submission of proposal:
- has published at least five publications in reputable Polish and/or foreign scientific journals,
- has acted as the principal investigator in at least two research projects funded in national or international competitive calls for proposals; acting as a principal investigator is also to be understood as managing/ coordinating the work of a research group in international research projects or programs,
- fulfilled at least three of the criteria below:
- has been a member of a scientific committee of at least one renowned international conference,
- has published at least one monograph,
- has presented papers at renowned international conferences,
- has received an international award or prize,
- has been or was a member of renowned associations, international scientific organisations or academia,
- has other significant scientific achievements,
- and in the case of research activities in art – a person who:
- has created works of art of international significance or works significant for the Polish culture,
- has actively participated in international exhibitions, festivals, artistic events in fine arts, music, theatre and film.
Duration: 36, 48 or 60 months
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Personnel (including at least one investigator with a PhD and at least one doctoral candidate must be employed in the project for at least 36 months)
- Research equipment
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- ndirect costs: 2% of direct costs that may be spent on open access to publications and research data; 20% of direct costs that may be spent on the costs that are related indirectly to the research project, including the cost of open access to publications and research data.
There is no cap on funding for an individual project.
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- fulfilling by the Principal Investigator the criterion of advanced researcher,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator,
- scientific quality and the innovative nature of the research project,
- evaluation of the results of research projects conducted by the Principal Investigator, funded from the budget for science,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- relevance of the planned costs,
- assessment of project feasibility,
- preparation of the proposal.
Evaluation procedure: 2-step merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers, applicants qualified to the second stage of evaluation will be invited for an interview carried out in English
Application: written partly in Polish and partly in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000