HARMONIA is a funding opportunity designed for researchers wanting to carry out research in the following forms:
- in cooperation with foreign partners,
- within the framework of international programmes or initiatives announced under bi- or multilateral cooperation,
- utilising large-scale international research infrastructure.
Duration: 12, 24, 36 months
- up to PLN 500 000 (ca. 119 000 EUR) for projects lasting 12 months,
- up to PLN 1 M (ca. 238 000 EUR) for projects lasting 24 months,
- up to PLN 1.5 M (ca. 357 000 EUR) for projects lasting 36 months.
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- Overheads: up to 40%
Applicants cannot seek funding for research equipment.
Tasks undertaken by international project partners must be financed by organisations funding research in the country of their residence or from other sources.
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator and his or her international partner,
- added value through international cooperation,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- justification of the planned costs.
Evaluation procedure: 2-step merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers
Application: short project description must be written in Polish, full project description must be provided in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000
Detailed information on the HARMONIA funding scheme (Polish only).