- Strona główna
- O Narodowym Centrum Nauki
- Finansowanie nauki
- Współpraca zagraniczna
- Centrum prasowe
Narodowe Centrum Nauki prezentuje bazę ogłoszeń o wolnych stanowiskach pracy przy projektach finansowanych przez Centrum. Narodowe Centrum Nauki nie ponosi odpowiedzialności za treść i wiarygodność przesyłanych ofert pracy.
Uprzejmie informujemy o nowych warunkach zatrudniania osób na stanowiska typu post-doc: limit czasu upływającego od uzyskania stopnia doktora dla aplikujących na te stanowiska kobiet może być przedłużony o 1,5 roku za każde urodzone bądź przysposobione dziecko.
Essential Job Requirements:
• MSc degree or during MSc studies in scientific disciplines such as: Applied Physics, Physical Oceanography, Geophysics, Applied Mathematics etc.
• The candidate must have a current status of a PhD or MSc student at the university/research institute located in Poland or be able to join one of the doctoral schools at the Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences.
• Experience in programming and analyzing data using scientific programs, e.g. MATLAB, Python, R, Fortran, C++ or similar.
• Experience in analyzing large data volumes and visualization of the results using scientific programs .
• Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics.
• Proficiency in English and Polish speaking and writing.
• Candidates should be able to plan and organize their work independently.
Desired Job Requirements:
• Experience in developing and /or using numerical models.
• Previous participation in cruises.
The student will be employed in the NCN-funded SuFMIX project: Turbulent Mixing Processes in the Słupsk Furrow (the Southern Baltic Sea). Turbulent mixing is the main factor responsible for the balance of heat, fresh water and nutrients in the oceans, and is therefore a key element affecting the Earth's climate. The project is oriented on the identification, description and analysis of the main mechanisms responsible for vertical transport and mixing in the region of the Słupsk Furrow located in the Polish Economic Zone in the southern Baltic. This region, connecting the western and eastern part of the Baltic Sea, is located on the main route of waters originating in the North Sea, which provide salt and oxygen to the deeper parts of the Baltic Sea. That is why the Słupsk Furrow is one of the most important regions affecting the circulation of the Baltic Sea and its ecosystem. The main goal of the project is to determine the importance of dynamic factors, such as internal waves, mesoscale eddies and surface waves, in the vertical mixing processes in the Słupsk Furrow.
The responsibilities of the PhD/MSc student will include:
• Participation in the research cruises onboard r/v Oceania to the Southern Baltic Sea
• Assistance in the preparation of oceanographic equipment used in the SuFMIX project
• Analysis of data collected in situ during the project from acoustic current profilers (ADCP), temperature, salinity, oxygen, pressure sensors, wind speed and direction and satellite ocean color/temperature products
• Configuration of the Baltic Sea numerical model and adaptation of its settings and parameterization to small-scale processes such as turbulent mixing, mesoscale eddies and internal waves.
• Comparison of model results with in situ measurements.
A scholarship of PLN 4,500/month planned for the duration of the project entitled "Turbulent Mixing Processes in the Słupsk Furrow (the Southern Baltic Sea) - SufMIX", for a maximum of 36 months.
The settlement of the competition: 26.06.2020
Planned date for starting job: September/October 2020.
1) CV containing information of the required experience and scientific achievements of the candidate (including the list of publications) and awards resulting from conducting scientific research (scholarships, awards, scientific experience acquired outside the home scientific unit in the country or abroad, scientific workshops and trainings, participation in research projects)
2) Cover letter
3) Certificate confirming the status of MSc/PhD student
4) Copy or scan of the Master/BSc diploma (if applicable)
5) Copy of the MSc/BSc thesis
6) Interview might be requested (via teleconf or in person).
7) Please submit a written statement with the following content:
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Science pursuant to Article 6paragraph 1letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process for the position of...................................I also declare that I have read the information on the processing of personal data provided by the Institute in accordance with Article 13 GDPR.................................................. ................................................(place and date) (signature of the declarant).
1INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATAPursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences hereby informs:1)the Instituteof Oceanology Polish Academy ofSciences is the controller of your personal data,2)contact details of the controller: registered office atPowstancow Warszawy 55 str., 81-712 Sopot, (+48 58) 73 11 600, fax: (+48 58) 551 21 30; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,3)for any questions relating to the processing of data, please contact with data protection officer at e-mail: email@example.com,4)your personal data will be processed by the controller in order to carry out the recruitment process and selecting candidate,5)the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent for processing of personal dataaccording article 6 paragraph 1 point a of GDPRand the provisions of national laws which indicate the need to process certain personal data,6)your personal data will be stored for theperiodof achievement of the objectives referred toabove, unless a longer storage period is required by the legal obligation imposed onthe controller,7)the recipients of the personal data shall only be the personsand entities entitled to obtain personal data on the basis of the provisions of law, among others, authorised employees of the controller, including members of the recruitment committee, the financing institution within the scope of which it finances/funds the remuneration, controlling institutions or entities,8)you have the right to access the content of your personal data and the right to rectificationor restriction of processingconcerning thedata, as well as the right to erasurepersonal data and the right to data portability, when it is possible under the provisions of GDPR,9)in the case of data processed under consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal,10)you have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data,11)provision the data required by the controller is voluntary, however, it is a condition of participation in the recruitment process,12)no automated decision will be taken with regard to your personal data.
Required documents should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com