- Strona główna
- O Narodowym Centrum Nauki
- Finansowanie nauki
- Współpraca zagraniczna
- Centrum prasowe
Narodowe Centrum Nauki prezentuje bazę ogłoszeń o wolnych stanowiskach pracy przy projektach finansowanych przez Centrum. Narodowe Centrum Nauki nie ponosi odpowiedzialności za treść i wiarygodność przesyłanych ofert pracy.
Uprzejmie informujemy o nowych warunkach zatrudniania osób na stanowiska typu post-doc: limit czasu upływającego od uzyskania stopnia doktora dla aplikujących na te stanowiska kobiet może być przedłużony o 1,5 roku za każde urodzone bądź przysposobione dziecko.
- MsC in oceanography or marine geology.
- Experience in sedimentological and micropaleontological analyses
- High motivation for scientific work
- Very good English written and verbal communication skills
- Additional advantage: (co-)authorship of scientific paper and/or conference presentation
- Experience in field research and research cruises will be appreciated
1. Collecting sediment samples (sediment cores) for micropaleontological, palynological, sedimentological, geochemical and biomarker analyses. The successful candidate is expected to participate in scientific cruises.
2. Grain-size analysis of sedimentary material, isolation of benthic and planktonic foraminifera. Preparation and analysis of dinoflagellate cysts samples.
3. Data processing and integration.
4. Writing scientific publications.
5. Presentation of the results at international scientific conferences.
'Sedimentary ancient DNA - a new proxy to investigate the impact of environmental change on past and present biodiversity in Nordic Seas (NEEDED)'
The effects of ongoing climate warming are especially perceptible in the Arctic, mainly due to the rapid decline in sea ice extent over the past few decades, resulting from heat advected with Atlantic Water (a process sometimes known as “Atlantification”). The accelerated loss of sea ice in the Arctic shelf seas has a profound impact on the water column structure and therefore, on the global energy budget, the atmospheric and oceanic circulation, and the carbon cycle. In case of complete disappearance of the sea ice from the western Arctic shelf and high sea surface temperatures, the enhanced vertical stratification will reduce nutrient flux into the upper oceans, leading to reduced phytoplankton biomass and production. To predict the further development, directions and consequences of the ongoing climatic/oceanographic changes it is essential to investigate the natural Arctic environment variability and its response to external forcing in the geological timescales.
The aim of the project is to study the impact of sea surface temperatures on marine productivity in the Nordic Sea since the last deglaciation in order to recognize the spatial and temporal marine productivity variations. The doctoral research will be focusing on generating micropaleontological, palynological and biomarker records to assess Arctic sea surface temperature, sea ice cover and water mass change in the Late Quaternary. A special focus will be put on investigating the impact of climate-induced environmental changes on marine productivity and the carbon burial rates during the mid-Holocene Thermal Maximum, about 5000-9000 years ago and compare it to the current global warming.
The PhD position is available at within the cross-disciplinary research project 'Sedimentary ancient DNA - a new
proxy to investigate the impact of environmental change on past and present biodiversity in Nordic Seas (NEEDED)',
funded through the Norway and EEA Grants 2014–2021 under the Basic Research Programme operated by the National Science Centre.
Terms and conditions of employment:
4,000 PLN per month throughout the 36 months (3 years). Start date: January 2021.
Applying form: email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com with message title “PhD student GRIEG NEEDED – PALEO”.
1. Motivation letter
2. Detailed CV (including a brief description of research interests, previous employments, research achievements, and publication list).
3. Copy of Master’s diploma
4. Contact details of at least two references (letters of recommendation are optional)
5. Consent clause*
The candidates may be requested additional information or invited to an interview with representatives of the scholarship commission. The candidates that will not provide all required documents, will not be taken into consideration.
According to this position Candidate can be already affiliated to Doctoral School (can have a status of a PhD student) or must become a PhD student at the Doctoral School called Trójmiejska Szkoła Doktorska (https://www.imp.gda.pl/bip/trojmiejska-szkola-doktorska/).
Title of PhD project:
Postglacial sea surface temperature impact on primary productivity and carbon burial in the Nordic Seas.
The supervisors will be prof. Marek Zajączkowski [firstname.lastname@example.org] and dr Magdalena Łącka-Wojciechowska
[email@example.com], Institute of Oceanology PAN.
*Please attach a signed document with the following consent clause:
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Science pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process for the position of PhD scholarship I also declare that I have read the information on the processing of personal data provided by the Institute in accordance with Article 13 GDPR.
(place and date) (signature of the declarant)
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA: