HARMONIA 6: Funding opportunity for research projects carried out in international collaboration, non-co-financed from foreign sources
(shortened version of HARMONIA 6 Call Text)
Under this call for proposals applicants may seek funding for research projects carried out in the following forms:
- in international cooperation initiated directly with a partner from a foreign research institution;
- within the framework of international programmes or initiatives announced under bilateral cooperation;
- within the framework of international programmes or initiatives announced under multilateral cooperation
- utilising large-scale international research infrastructure by Polish research teams.
- Conditions and regulations of participation
- Only proposals involving basic research may be submitted in response to the call for proposals.
- Duration of the research project must be at least 12 months and up to 36 months.
- Under the HARMONIA funding scheme, applicants may not receive funding for the purchase, creation or modernisation of research equipment.
- The budget of the submitted research project may not exceed PLN 2 M for the whole duration of the project.
- The budget of the research project may include scholarship funding for pre-doctoral researchers.
- Funding may not be used to pay for the remuneration of foreign partners and contractors nor for research tasks conducted by any foreign host institution of the research partner(s) listed in the proposal.
- Scientific fields:
Only proposals from within NCN Panels may be submitted in response to the call for proposals.
- Application procedure and deadlines
- The application template (attachment no 2) is enclosed to the call announcement.
- Research proposals carried out in cooperation with foreign partners must be accompanied by a document defining the framework of collaboration between partners.
- Research projects carried out in bi- or multilateral international programmes and initiatives must be accompanied by a document proving the applicant’s participation in an international programme or initiative, and a document defining the framework of collaboration between partners.
- Research projects to be carried out using large-scale international facilities by Polish research teams must be accompanied by a document proving the possible use of such facilities.
- Criteria of proposal evaluation
- basic research criterion as referred to in art. 2 point 3 of the Act of 30th April 2010 on the Principles of Financing Science;
- research portfolio of the Principal Investigator (PI), including publications in reputable scientific journals;
- evaluation of research projects carried out by the PI, funded from the budget for science;
- research portfolio of the foreign partner or evaluation of his/her research achievements resulting from pre-existing international cooperation and their previous experience of research tasks included in the proposal;
- quality of the research project;
- the innovative nature of the research project;
- the project’s results impact and its contribution to the development of the research field;
- justification of costs requested;
- project feasibility;
- added value through international cooperation;
- consistency of the research proposal.
- Selection of proposals and results
Results of the call will be announced no later than the 16th of March 2015.
The grant agreement defines:
- the thematic scope of the research project, the duration and conditions of its realisation;
- the amount of funding awarded for the research project and the mode of transfer thereof by the Centre;
- the expected measurable effects and results of the research project, including a commitment to evaluate and publish the results of the project in an internationally circulated medium;
- the supervision of the progress of the project;
- the financial reporting;
- the scope of the evaluation.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to provide the National Science Centre with a draft of the grant agreement for the realisation of the project, including its work plan and a calculation of financial resources. This should be submitted within 2 months of receipt of the decision to award the project funding. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Financial resources
The NCN Council has allocated a total of PLN 50,000,000 for research projects financed under the HARMONIA 6 funding scheme.