We would like to invite researchers to submit proposals under Sustainable Urbanisation Global Initiative (SUGI) Food-Water-Energy Nexus call for proposals. The call has three topics to address urgent and long-term challenges within the Food-Water-Energy Nexus.
The call aims to develop more resilient and applied urban solutions that bring inter- and transdisciplinary research and innovation together from across the globe, to benefit a much wider range of stakeholders: i.e. researchers, cities, civil society and business.
The call targets research in the following topics:
- Robust Knowledge, Indicators and Assessments,
- Multi-level Governance and Management,
- Managing Strategies and Solutions.
Funding is available for international research projects that involve at least three researchers from three different eligible countries.
Funding: 28,5 M EUR, including support from Horizon 2020
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Cyprus, France, Germany, Japan, Latvia, The Netherlands, Norway, Qatar, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA.
- SUGI Call Text
- SUGI Application form
- SUGI Eligibility requirements
- SUGI Call infoflyer
- SUGI Contact points
- SUGI Presentation
Information for Polish applicants:
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: 15 March 2017 at 19:00 CET. The deadline for full-proposal: September 20th 2017.
- On the full proposal stage Polish applicants must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). This application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN (1 EUR= 4,3334 PLN).
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO).
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the applies to the consortium as a whole.
- We invite all researchers who plan to apply within the SUGI call to contact the NCN.
Joanna Komperda, tel. +48 12 341 9138
dr Kinga Sekerdej, tel. +48 12 341 9172
For more information please see: www.sugi-nexus.org