The National Science Centre and the Copernicus Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies of the Jagiellonian University have organised a number of online lectures under the title „Science at the Centre” during which winners of 2020 and 2021 NCN Awards discussed their research work.
Prof. Yonatan Gutman, winner of the 2021 NCN Award in Physical Science and Engineering will discuss his work on 22 December 2021, at 6 p.m. His lecture is entitled “The reconstruction of a dynamical system based on observations: mathematical approach”.
Prof. Yonatan Gutman works at the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Science. His area of expertise is the theory of dynamical systems, in particular topological and ergodic dynamics. He studied at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology and Stanford University and earned his PhD at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, followed by a postdoctoral degree (habilitation) at the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences. He has also completed numerous postdoctoral fellowships, including at Cambridge and Oxford.
The lecture will be in English with Polish subtitles.
The lecture will be streamed online on the YouTube channel of the Copernicus Centre where other lectures are also available, i.e.
In English with Polish subtitles:
- Dr Sebastian Glatt (How our body translates mRNA into proteins?)
- Dr hab. Michał Tomza, Jak wystresować kota Schrödingera? [Training Schrödinger’s cat]
- Prof. Wojciech Fendler, MikroRNA w radioterapii – nadzieje, rozczarowania, zastosowania [MicroRNA in radiotherapy: hopes, disappointments and application]
- Prof. Jakub Growiec, 300 tysięcy lat wzrostu gospodarczego [300 thousand years of economic growth]
- Dr Paweł Polkowski, Wyspa petroglifów: 10 lat badań w egipskiej oazie [Petroglyph Island: 10 years of research in the Egyptian oasis]