PRELUDIUM is a funding opportunity intended for pre-doctoral researchers about to embark on their scientific career
- PRELUDIUM 20 - closed on 15 June 2021
- PRELUDIUM 19 - closed on 16 June 2020
- PRELUDIUM 18 – closed on December 16th, 2019
- PRELUDIUM 17 – closed on June 17th, 2019
- PRELUDIUM 16 – closed on December 17th, 2018
- PRELUDIUM 15 – closed on June 15th, 2018
Principal Investigator: researchers who are not a PhD holders; applicants do not have to be PhD students; in the case of PhD students, the research project does not have to be related to the subject of one’s PhD dissertation
Research Team: Apart from the supervisor, the team members must not hold a habilitation degree or the title of professor. Research financed under this scheme does not have to be related to the applicant’s PhD dissertation. The number of team members must not exceed 3 persons.
Project duration: 12, 24 or 36 months
- up to 70,000 PLN for projects lasting 12 months
- up to 140,000 PLN for projects lasting 24 months
- up to 210,000 PLN for projects lasting 36 months
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Personnel (remuneration of up to 1,500 PLN per month for the research team, i.e. the principal investigator and, optionally, co-investigator)
- Research equipment: cost of research equipment may not exceed 30% of the total budget of the project.
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- Indirect costs: 2% of direct costs that may be spent on open access to publications and research data; 20% of direct costs that may be spent on the costs that are related indirectly to the research project, including the cost of open access to publications and research data.
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific quality and the innovative nature of the research project,
- research achievements of the principal investigator and supervisor,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- relevance of the costs planned,
- assessment of project feasibility,
- preparation of the proposal.
Evaluation procedure: merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers in two stages
Application: written partly in Polish and partly in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000