PRELUDIUM: pre-doctoral grants
PRELUDIUM is a funding opportunity intended for pre-doctoral researchers about to embark on their scientific career
Principal Investigator: an individual who is beginning his/her career in research and does not have a doctoral degree. Apart from the supervisor, the team members must not hold a habilitation degree or the title of professor. The number of team members must not exceed 3 persons.
Project duration: 12, 24 or 36 months
- up to 70 000 PLN (ca. 16 500 EUR) for projects lasting 12 months
- up to 140 000 PLN (ca. 33 000 EUR) for projects lasting 24 months
- up to 210 000 PLN (ca. 50 000 EUR) for projects lasting 36 months
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Research equipment: up to 500 000 PLN (ca. 119 000 EUR) for projects in the fields of Life Sciences and Physical Sciences and Engineering, and up to 150 000 PLN (ca. 35 000 EUR) in the field of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Cost of research equipment may not exceed 30% of the total budget of the project.
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- Overheads: up to 40%
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator and his or her supervisor,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- justification of the planned costs.
Evaluation procedure: 2-step merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers
Application: short project description must be written in Polish, full project description must be provided in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000