PRELUDIUM: pre-doctoral grants
PRELUDIUM is a funding opportunity intended for pre-doctoral researchers about to embark on their scientific career
Principal Investigator: an individual who is beginning his/her career in research and does not have a doctoral degree. Apart from the supervisor, the team members must not hold a habilitation degree or the title of professor. The number of team members must not exceed 3 persons.
Duration: 12, 24 or 36 months
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator and his or her supervisor,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- justification of the planned costs.
- up to 50,000 PLN for projects lasting 12 months
- up to 100,000 PLN for projects lasting 24 months
- up to 150,000 PLN for projects lasting 36 months
- Cost of research equipment may not exceed 30% of the total budget of the project.
- Host Institution receives overheads at a rate 20%.
Application: written both in Polish and in English
Call for proposals: twice a year
Detailed information on the PRELUDIUM funding scheme (Polish only).