MAESTRO: advanced grants
MAESTRO is a funding opportunity designed for advanced researchers wanting to conduct pioneering research, including interdisciplinary research which is important for the development of science. Projects within this funding scheme should surpass the current state of knowledge, lead to the creation of a new paradigm, or forge pathways to new frontiers in that field.
Duration: at least 36 months and up to 60 months
Evaluation criteria: scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project, the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator*
Funding: between 1 and 3 million PLN (between 500,000 and 3 million PLN for projects in the field of arts, humanities and social sciences)
Under the MAESTRO scheme, applicants may seek funding for research equipment up to 500,000 PLN for projects in the fields of life sciences and physical sciences and engineering, and up to 150,000 PLN in the field of arts, humanities and social sciences.
Application: written in both Polish and English
Call for proposals: once a year
*The Principal Investigator must be an advanced researcher. An advanced researcher is a person holding a doctoral degree who in the past 10 years prior to the submission of the proposal has:
- published at least five publications in reputable Polish and/or foreign scientific journals,
- supervised the implementation of research projects,
- meets at least three of the following criteria:
- has published at least one monograph,
- has given presentations at well-established international conferences,
- has been awarded an international prize or award,
- is or was a member of recognised associations or international scientific organisations,
- was a member of a scientific committee of at least one recognised international conference,
- has other significant scientific achievements,
- and in the case of research activities in art – a person who:
- has created works of art of international importance or significance to Polish culture,
- has played an active part in international exhibitions, festivals as well as artistic, musical, theatrical or film events.
Detailed information on the MAESTRO funding scheme (Polish only).