SONATA BIS: PhD holder grants (5-12 after PhD award)
SONATA BIS is a funding opportunity addressed to researchers holding a doctoral degree, wanting to establish a new research team and become independent research leaders.
Principal Investigator: a person with a doctoral degree obtained within 5-12 years prior to the submission of the proposal.
Team members: in addition to the Principal Investigator the team cannot consist of researchers holding a habilitation degree or the title of professor. Research positions for PhD student(s) must be provided.
Duration: 36, 48 or 60 months
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator,
- the concept of building a research team,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- commitment of the host institution,
- justification of the planned costs.
Evaluation procedure: 2-step merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers; applicants qualified to the second stage of evaluation will invited for an interview carried out in Polish or in English
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Personnel (including scholarships for students and pre-doctoral researchers)
- Research equipment: up to 500 000 PLN (ca. 119 000 EUR) for projects in the fields of life sciences and physical sciences and engineering, and up to 150 000 PLN (ca. 35 000 EUR) in the field of arts, humanities and social sciences
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- Overheads: up to 40%
There is no cap on funding for an individual project.
Application: short project description must be written in Polish, full project description must be provided in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000