We would like to invite researchers to participate in SHENG 2 – the second edition of a funding opportunity for joint Polish-Chinese research teams organized by the National Science Centre (NCN) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
SHENG 2 aims to support research projects in selected fields of science:
|NSFC DEPARTMENT||NCN PANEL|
|Engineering and Materials Sciences||
NZ1, NZ2, NZ3, NZ4, NZ5, NZ6, NZ7, NZ8, NZ9
Call announcement: 15th December 2020
Call deadline: 15th March 2021
Results: November 2021
Start of joint research projects: January 2022
Complete version of the call documents will be adopted by the NCN Council and made available on the website in the second half of 2020.
SHENG 3, which is planned to be announced in December 2022, shall cover the following fields of science:
|NSFC DEPARTAMENT||NCN PANEL|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||ST1, ST2, ST3, ST9|
|Information Sciences||ST6, ST7|
OUTLINE OF SHENG 2 CALL
- Eligible Host Institutions in Poland: NCN proposals may be submitted by the entities specified in Article 27 (1) (1) –(2), (1) (4) – (5) and (1) (7) of the Act on the National Science Centre of 30 April 2010 (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1384);
- The Polish Principal Investigator (PI) must have at least a PhD degree when submitting a proposal;
- Eligible Host Institutions in China: please refer to NSFC rules: http://www.nsfc.gov.cn/publish/portal0/tab475/info70247.htm
- Grants that are considered state aid will not be offered;
- Only projects involving basic research will be funded;
- Research project duration: 36 months;
- All costs must be eligible according to the national eligibility requirements;
- The budget of the Polish part of the project must be at least 250,000 PLN; there will be no maximum limit for the Polish part of the project;
- The budget of the Chinese part of the project must not exceed 1,500,000 RMB.
The joint proposals must be submitted online to both agencies’ respective submission systems, together with all necessary documents conforming to the formal requirements of the respective funding organisation set out in the call documentation. Submitted joint proposals must be identical; a project will be rejected if the joint proposals submitted to the two agencies differ.
Submission deadline: 15th March 2021
PROPOSAL REVIEW AND EVALUATION PROCEDURE:
Proposals will be subject to an eligibility check and peer review. The eligibility check of proposals will be carried out by the NCN and NSFC. The merit-based evaluation will be open only to proposals approved as eligible by both agencies.
All eligible proposals will be reviewed by both organisations separately.
At NCN, each eligible proposal will be evaluated by expert panels as well as by at least two external referees. The panels will consist of recognised researchers from the at relevant disciplines who are familiar with the NCN decision-making procedures.
At NSFC, each eligible proposal will be evaluated by expert panels as well as by at least 5 external referees.
Support will be granted to those proposals where both NCN and NSFC recommend funding.
Dr Magdalena Godowska, email: Magdalena.Godowska@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 9016
Magdalena Dobrzańska-Bzowska, email: email@example.com, tel. +48 12 341 9094
Dr. Wencong Li; email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +86 010 6232 7014