TANGO is a funding scheme that enables researchers to turn their projects in basic research into solutions and products that may benefit populations and economies in a direct way. This funding opportunity is organised by the National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR) in cooperation with the National Science Centre.
TANGO 4 call – open between November 29th, 2019 and June 30th, 2020
TANGO 3 call - closed on 21st September, 2018
Applicants: researchers who have already received funding for projects in basic research (later referred to as an ‘initial projects’) which show promise of successful implementation.
Application procedure: continuous recruitment.
Projects are carried out in two stages:
- The concept phase of the project must include actions targeted at planning for the application of the results of the initial project, finding partners interested in taking the results to application and carrying out market analyses which will forecast the demand for a given solution.
- The research and development phase consists of conducting industrial research and developmental works, including the creation of projects and prototypes viable for commercial use.
Research team: the Principal Investigator is a person who has conducted the initial project, has been involved in it as a Key Investigator or Supervisor, or who has obtained the written consent of the Principal Investigator of the initial project to perform this function the in the proper project
Duration: from 3 to 12
- up to PLN 200,000 (ca. EUR 46,500);
- if the project covers both stages, the costs of the research and development phase may be up to 40% of the eligible costs of the project.
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directy connected to the proposed research, including:
- Materials and consumables
- Consulting services
- Costs related to intellectual property
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Research equipment
- Overheads: up to 25%
Application: the summary must be written both in Polish and English
- the goal and scientific value of the project, taking into account the adequacy of the proposed activities to apply the research results in practice,
- competitiveness and demand for solution resulting from the project,
- justification of the planned costs.
Evaluation procedure: call for proposals and proposals evaluation in NCBR
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000