In cooperation with the CHIST-ERA European Coordinated Research on Long-term Challenges in Information and Communication Sciences & Technologies, the National Science Centre opens a call for international research proposals in the following fields:
- Security and Privacy in Decentralised and Distributed Systems (SPiDDS)
- Machine Learning-based Communication Systems, towards Wireless AI (WAI)
Funding is available to international research consortia composed of at least three research teams from three different countries: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
CHIST-ERA Call 2022 grants can go toward funding research team salaries, wages and scholarships for students and PhD candidates, research equipment and any other necessary project expenses.
The National Science Centre will only accept basic research proposals. The total budget put aside for Polish research teams under the call equals 500,000 euro.
How to apply?
- International level: in cooperation with their foreign partners, Polish research teams should write a joint proposal in English, which must then be submitted via the CHIST-ERA (ESS) electronic submission system.
- Domestic level: a domestic proposal focused on the part of the project to be carried out by the Polish team should be submitted to the NCN electronically, via the OSF system, within 7 days from the deadline for international proposals.
There is only one evaluation stage under the CHIST-ERA call; only full joint proposals will be accepted on the international level.
- Deadline for the submission of joint proposals in the ESS system: 2 February 2023, 17:00 CET
- Deadline for the submission of domestic proposals in the OSF system: 9 February 2023
- Call results: July 2023
- Project start dates: October 2023