DIOSCURI: Centres of Scientific Excellence in Central and Eastern Europe
Dioscuri is a programme intended to establish Centres of Scientific Excellence in Central and Eastern Europe. It is launched by the National Science Centre together with the Max Planck Society (MPG).
Applicants: researchers with a PhD degree obtained within a period not exceeding fifteen years prior to the submission of their application to Dioscuri
An application is submitted by a researcher together with a research institution based in Poland provided that he or she was not employed at the institution over 2 years preceding the date of submitting the proposal
Duration: 5 years and may be extended by another five years
Maximum of EUR 300 000 annually which may be used to finance:
- remuneration for the head of the Dioscuri Centre (awardee of the Dioscuri call) to the sum of EUR 100 000 per year,
- salaries for members of the Dioscuri Centre’s research team and scholarships (scholarships may be granted solely in accordance with the NCN regulations),
- costs of research activities of the Dioscuri Centre (costs of materials, travel, publications and other research activities, etc.),
- costs of cooperation with the German Mentor/Mentor Institution,
- funding does not provide for overheads of the research institution, administrative and financial costs, and research equipment and infrastructure.