OPUS: general grants
OPUS is a funding opportunity intended for a wide range of applicants. The research proposal submitted under this scheme may include the purchase or construction of research equipment.
Duration: 12, 24 or 36 months
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Personnel (including scholarships for pre-doctoral researchers and post-docs positions)
- Research equipment: up to 500 000 PLN (ca. 119 000 EUR) for projects in the fields of life sciences and physical sciences and engineering, and up to 150 000 PLN (ca. 35 000 EUR) in the field of arts, humanities and social sciences
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- Overheads: up to 40%
There is no cap on funding on an individual project.
- proposals form within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- justification of the planned costs.
Evaluation procedure: 2-step merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers
Application: short project description must be written in Polish, full project description must be provided in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000